Big thanks to Eoin for providing this brief Technology brief for us.
This product includes only the Brief. But the Technology portfolio is 90 pages long and contains the following sections:
- Analysis of Brief
- Project Management
- Environmental Impact
- Research Investigation and Specifications of Brief
- Design Ideas & Selection of Solution
- Sketches & Drawings for Manufacture ( Including SolidWorks Design)
- Production Planning
- Product Realisation
- Evaluation & Reflection
The project is worth 25% and so is the brief so it is worth spending some time at this. Also, It is much simpler to get the full 50% in the project than people think.
ADVICE: Here are some tips I have for getting a H1 in Technology
- Do the portfolio as you progress with the practical project. Each section of the portfolio, from idea generation to design and the project build itself, corresponds to a part of the practical project so do it as you do the project. If you leave it all until the end, you will have to rush it and some quality will be sacrificed.
- Make it clear and easy to read/follow. This is because the examiner will flip through the pages quite quickly. Therefore, If it’s hard to read they won’t be impressed.
Advice on a good project:
- Keep it simple. There will absolutely be something go wrong when you make the project so if you have a complicated idea with complicated mechanisms, it will be very difficult. A simple idea that looks well and works well is always best.
- Also, make sure you keep on top of your work, there is a lot more to finishing a project than you think. In saying that, take time to plan the project. If you plan the project well it will cut out half of your mistakes and half your work.
Follow these steps and you’re well on your way to an H1 standard project
We are constantly making new content for this website. While we are creating these notes for you, make sure you follow us on our socials:
You may also like some of our other products such as:
Our H1 standard DCG notes